Giovanni Luigi confirmed as new Inter presidentBy: Matthew Burgess | December 5th, 2010
Giovanni Luigi has been confirmed as the new president of Internacional after voting was completed yesterday.
Around 17,000 sócios participated in the voting with Luigi taking a 77.58% share of the votes with Peter Affatato, the rival candidate, taking the remaining 22.42%.
Giovanni Luigi, who has been an influential figure of the Internacional board for a number of year’s is not expected to make major changes to the running of the club and will continue to support the club’s current structure and organisation.
After completing their Campeonato Brasileiro obligations with a comprehensive 3-0 win over Grêmio Prudente on Thursday evening, Celso Roth and the Inter coaching staff continued their preparations for the FIFA Club World Cup continued over the weekend.
Yesterday, the squad underwent a light training session at the Beira-Rio, after watching a video of Internazionale’s 3-1 defeat to Lazio in the Italian Série A.
Inter are set to depart for Abu-Dhabi on Wednesday. Earlier this week the club confirmed the squad numbers of their twenty-three man squad.
1 – Renan (gk)
2 – Bolívar (defence)
3 – Índio (defence)
4 – Nei (right back)
5 – Guiñazu (centre midfield)
6 – Kleber (left back)
7 – Tinga (attacking midfielder)
8 – Giuliano (attacking midfielder)
9 – Alecsandro (forward)
10 – D’Alessandro (attacking midfielder)
11 – Rafael Sobis (forward)
12 – Derley (centre midfield)
13 – Rodrigo (defence)
14 – Ronaldo Alves (defence)
15 – Glaydson (centre midfield)
16 – Juan (defence)
17 – Andrezinho (attacking midfielder)
18 – Oscar (attacking midfielder)
19 – Leandro Damião (forward)
20 – Wilson Matias (centre midfield)
21 – Daniel (right back)
22 – Pato Abbondanzieri (gk)
23 – Lauro (gk)